What does it mean to live for Jesus? That is a good question. I don’t sit here as someone who knows all the answers, but I can give you my own experience. I find that to live for Him is just simply enjoy Him. It’s not about what I do, or don’t do. He wants to simply enjoy me, and allow me to enjoy Him. When God revealed to me that He was not interested in changing me, but all He wanted to do was love me, the response this generated in me was amazing. I have come to see that His love for me has absolutely NO agenda. 1 John 4:8 says that God is Love. Because I know that God is Love, then I can look to 1st Corinthians 13 where God tells me what Love is. God equals love, so: God is patient, God is kind, God is not envious, God is not self seeking. As I read through that list of what God is, I have to ask myself, “Is this the God that I know?” My answers are often, “No!” Now, at that point I have a choice. I can stick with my false idea of who God is, or I can take God at His word and believe what He says about Himself. But for me to enjoy Him, I first must know Him. The more I know Him, the more I love Him. The more I love Him, the more I want to know Him.
What Does It Mean To Live For Jesus?
MikeWells, , Mike Wells, book|eyes|glasses|God|holds|Life|names|spiritual|together|way out|working
Revelation 3:5, “He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name...
MikeWells, , Mike Wells, complaining|God|hate|His|ice|king|one|reveal|revelation|stop
Whatever you are looking for, I Am. If God wants to reveal a lot of His Son in you,...
- ABIDING LIFE MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL 2019 RETREATS
- Tim, Chad, & Noah in Brazil
- Tim & Karen Lester’s Maryland Training, October, 2018, various photos by John Kovach (thanks, John!)
- Folks In Maine Need Pastor
- Training Opportunity with Tim and Karen Lester
- Australia Trip Report 2017
- PODCASTS! LISTEN TO ABIDING LIFE TOPICS
- Tim & Karen Lester, Georgetown, TX, seminar, Oct. 1-3, 2017
- Men’s Fishing Retreat in Arizona, October
- ALMI Coffe Mug - Logo/Near $10.00 – $13.00